Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Thank Goodness

I haven't blogged in a few days. It has been a sucky week. That's the only way to describe last week. Just a few minutes before praise band rehearsal with the Four legged Lambs last Weds. my husband and I found out some pretty bad news about someone close to us in his family. Its about the worst news anyone can get. Pretty sucky. Things are still in limbo but we hope to find out more this week. On top of this bad news, my back took me out for a couple of days. Thank goodness for chiropractors and new shoes. My back is still achy but much better than last week. I was hoping for a better week this week but my husband received some bad news about a co-worker this morning. Sometimes life just sucks!!!
You would think with all this bad news I would be mad at God. However, I realized last night even before this mornings bad news that I'm not mad at God. "She" as a good friend would say, didn't make these things happen. I am angry at cigarettes, chemicals in our food, cancer and guns. I'm angry that Dr's. don't do more to get sedentary people up and moving. God is not responsible for this stuff, we are.
Thank goodness for friends and co-workers who support us, love us and pray for us even when they don't know what is really going on in our lives. Thank goodness for the blessing of a praise band who unknowingly is therapeutic through a truly dark time. Thank goodness for a Senior Pastor and an Associate Pastor who are good friends as well as our pastors. Thank goodness for parents and family who support us through everything. Thank goodness for our kids who love us even when we are crabby and short tempered for reasons they don't really know. I am going to focus on all my blessings and continue to hold onto my faith. God will get us through this. As the Tinman reminded me, not to long ago, God suffers when we suffer.
Thank "GOOD"ness!

0 comments: