Wednesday, September 5, 2007

September 5, 1998


Nine years ago today at 9:16 am a beautiful red haired baby girl was born. My little girl came quickly into our lives. I often call her my saving grace. My mother has always said..."Every mother needs a daughter". For my friends who only have sons, you will someday have daughters-in-law that hopefully will bless your lives.

My little girl is 9. That is hard to believe. She is beautiful, bright, has the most incredible giggle and knows how to make me laugh when I am angry. She also knows how to push my buttons...as my mother would also say. She has a beautiful singing voice and uses it daily..especially in the shower. This summer she has began growing and changing from a little girl into a third grader. My 6lb 12oz baby is now reading at a fifth grade level. Wow, how fast the time goes. We have gone from buying baby dolls to Nintendo DS. At least she still likes to snuggle with her mommy at bedtime. I hope she never grows out of that.

Happy 9th birthday my sweet girl. I love you more than you understand...Until you have a child of your own.

1 comments:

Tinman said...

I can't believe she's nine. It's going by so quickly. I miss her and you (and the boy too) more than I can say.