Monday, September 17, 2007

Lazy Monday

My little girl is home from school today. She has had a cough and a fever. We did go see the Dr. this morning. We are fortunate to have a place that gets sick kids in fast. The cough is caused by drainage from allergies which has caused one of her tonsils to swell. The strep test was negative. Luckily, my little girl does not have a sore throat. The Dr. said the fever is just a virus. We were trying to treat the allergies with Claritin but apparently thats not helping. So, she will now be on Zyrtec. I hope it helps.
Sometimes its nice to have one kid home from school. They both want me to sit with them when they are sick. It forces me to slow down and relax. It also gives me quality one on one time. Not that I want either kid to be sick but I have to take advantage of this time when I can. We have had two fairly lazy days. I guess I better enjoy it now, book fair is next week. I will basically be working full time retail at the school. So, for now I will enjoy my lazy days and spend some quality time with my little girl. Hopefully her fever is gone for now...but if it comes back, I will snuggle and comfort her again.

2 comments:

Tinman said...

Give her an Aunt and Uncle Hug!!!

Joy said...

Will do!! Call her tomorrow if you want. She had a fever today too. :( She will probably stay home another day.