Saturday, August 11, 2007

Music

Music has been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember. I have always loved to sing. My mom tells stories of me bouncing up and down to several bands she and my dad used to listen too and I'm sure still do. I love all types of music. I have sung in school choirs, swing choirs and church choirs. I remember singing Donna Summer, the BeeGees and especially Supertramp in my bedroom growing up. Now I spend most of my time singing Contemporary Praise songs. Along with my husband, who plays bass, I am a member of the Praise band at my church. As I said my husband plays bass, my daughter and I take piano lessons together and my son plays drums. We do love music.
My son has actually been playing in a band all summer. At 10yrs old he is a drummer in a band. At the music store where we all take lessons, he has been enjoying..."School of Rock". Several kids who take lessons get together to jam. Tomorrow is his first.... "gig". They are only going to perform one song but I can't wait. I have watched School of Rock several times and it is incredible what these young kids can do. He doesn't really like to play in front of people. I hope tomorrow changes that.
Whatever he ends up doing with his life I hope music is a part of it. I always dreamed of singing in a band and I am. My husband who wasn't much of a church goer, is now....mostly in part because of music. Gods plan all along I know. Thats a great story for another day. I can't even begin to explain how proud and excited I am about this one little song during tomorrows recital. Just maybe it will spark a life long interest in music and drumming for my son.
Dear creator of music, Thank you for the joy music has brought to this family. We will continue to use it in worship with you. Amen

0 comments: