Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Missing Summer

It has been awhile since I have blogged. It is amazing that school starts and things immediately become more hectic. We are busier only because school has started. We had a busy weekend with piano lessons, an incredible wedding, and a parade. I picked up 4 extra hours at work yesterday morning while the kids were in school. Then yesterday evening we had homework.
I miss the lazy days of summer. It is still automatic for the kids to get up in the morning and lounge on the couch. I have to remind them to get ready for school. I guess we will get into routine soon. It is still very low stress and we have been getting to school on time. I am thankful for that. Summer is almost over. September will be here before I know it. Labor day weekend my little girl will have 2 parades and celebrate her 9th birthday the Wednesday after. We will also be gearing up for the fall bookfair at school. My school volunteering will be in full swing. I miss the lazy days of summer. I am blessed to be able to enjoy summer with my kids and volunteer at their school to be close to them. So as much as I miss summer, I am looking forward to what this school year brings.
Dear God, thanks again for our great kids. Amen

0 comments: