Wednesday, August 8, 2007

GREEN

I am a big fan of HGTV. My favorite show is House Hunters. No, I am not looking to by a house, its just fun to watch. I am also learning inexpensive ways to update my own home. It is amazing what new rugs in the bathroom will do.

I have also learned that I love the color green. We built our home in 1995 and put in hunter green kitchen counters. I still love the color. The downstairs bathroom...accessorized with hunter green. The new rugs for our master bathroom are a pale green. Our master bedroom has several shades of green. I have only come to the realization recently that my favorite color is green. I really don't know why this is important enough for me to write about, I just found it interesting. So I googled the color green and this is what I found.

Green is the color of nature, fertility, life. Grass green is the most restful color. Green symbolizes self-respect and well being. Green is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. Green is a safe color, if you don't know what color to use anywhere use green.

So, I guess I like balance, well-being and harmony. Who doesn't. Maybe that's why God made the grass and tree leaves green. So if you need a little balance and harmony in your life spend some time with green and especially God, the creator of green. Maybe next I will look up "Cardinal Red" and Ocean Blue.
Dear Creator of life and colors, thank you for all the colors that give us balance and make us feel safe. True reminders that you are never far from us. Amen

3 comments:

Brett Hendrickson said...

Green is my favorite color, too! Don't forget those snazzy green shutters on your windows.

Alex said...

I love this post and your house!

Joy said...

We had to redo our roof a couple of years ago. I don't know if you noticed but its green too. :)