Saturday, August 4, 2007

Funny email

I read this in an email today and couldn't stop laughing! I had to post it. I will be emailing it to all our church buddies. Especially the ones we go camping with "at the river". Some of you reading this may get it twice. Enjoy

A minister was completing a Temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the b e e r in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river." With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the w i n e in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river." And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the w h i s k e y in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river." Sermon complete, he sat down. The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River." Smile, life is too short not to !! See you at the river

2 comments:

Mateo Armenta said...

Good! I had a veryo good laugh reading that. It´s absolutely hilarious. Do you have any ideas if the Hymn was chosen on purpose, or if it was a coincidence?

Joy said...

At our church the minister choses the hymns, so in this instance I'm sure it was a coincidence. Thats what makes it so funny.