Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day of School

Open House went well last night. The kids like their new teachers and so do I. I have been waiting for the drama to begin but it never did. My little girl has gone from a timid Kindergarten kid who had horrible issues with riding the bus and seperating from me, to a first grader who cried and had to be pulled away from me everytime there was a substitute teacher, to a second grader who gradually learned to deal with her anxiety about substitute teachers but still always wanted me to walk her to the door, and now to a very confident and excited third grader who walked into the main door with her older brother by her side. I think she is growing up. Maybe he is too. He didn't run ahead of her to try to get away from her. He walked right by her side.
It was even a low stress/no stress morning getting them out the door.
I'm sure things will change and we will have some stressful mornings, but a mom can always hope, right!!! It was great to see my bright, beautiful children walk into school with confidence and smiles. What a wonderful first day.
Dear great and loving God, thank you for a wonderful first day of school. Amen

3 comments:

Brett Hendrickson said...

Excellent! I'm glad it went so well for all of you.

Tinman said...

YAY! Give my love to your beautiful daughter and your wonderful little drummer boy. I am so proud of them and you!

Mateo Armenta said...

Congratulations Joy, what a wonderful blog you have.
I am glad your start of shool wasn´t stressful. It might continue that way!