Monday, October 15, 2007

Retreat

I just spent an incredible weekend with about 40 other women. We spent time sharing, relaxing, thinking, praying, learning, listening and eating, lots of eating. We heard the faith stories of our friends. We met women that we recognized but have never talked to. We also spent time thinking and talking about our own faith stories. We renewed and strengthened established friendships and made new friends. Most of all, I think we all left feeling closer to God and each other. Its amazing what just a game of Yahtzee will do.
My husband will attend the men's retreat in a few weeks. I pray that his retreat leaves him refreshed, renewed and feeling closer to God.
Dear great and loving God, thank you for the experience of the women's retreat. Thank you for the treasure of friendships. Help me to continue to feel close to you and share my story with others. I pray that the men's retreat leaves my husband and all the men that are attending feeling closer to you. Thank you for sending your son Jesus.
Amen

0 comments: