Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Day of Emotion

This has been a day filled with nausea and worry, to my heart bursting with pride. All this caused by my children.
My little girl has been working through some pretty powerful anxieties. Her teacher called me today so that my little girl could talk to me. Her teacher was hoping I would be able to calm her down. My little girl had herself so worked up that she was nauseous. We talked for about 10 minutes. It turns out that her cousin and a quick trip to the nurse got her through the rest of the day. She was so wound up with happy energy the rest of the day that I almost forgot about the heart wrenching phone call. It took all my strength and energy NOT to go get her from school and bring her home to make it all better. We made it through. I am very proud of her strength. Yes mom, I told her that!! :) Hopefully her tomorrow will be better.
Little drummer boy had a school band concert tonight. He told me he had been working on a piece with the tympani (kettle drum). Tonight, just before the 5th grade band was to play. The band teacher said...."We have a 5th grader (little drummer boy) who is going to play the tympani, we don't usually have someone in 5th grade with such skill". I was bursting with pride and couldn't stop smiling. He was awesome!!
So the day didn't start out so well but it is ending with my heart swollen with pride, love and admiration for the accomplishments of my children.
Thank you God for my children!

0 comments: