Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Proud Woman

Today has been a day that has reminded me how proud I am to be a woman. I have been given the responsibility of raising two incredible kids. With that responsibility has come the blessing of helping raise and nurture my friends kids. I also love balancing my life as a wife and mother with being a pediatric nurse. Today I had the opportunity to listen to a beautiful little girl talk about everything she saw in the park, at my house, and down the road at the duck pond. She is a strong young girl with a mind of her own. Similar to my own little girl at that age.
I also had the opportunity to listen to two adult women who are also very strong. Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton. I have been a Michelle fan from the begginning. Not so with Hillary. Tonight changed that. She made an incredible speech that makes me proud to be a woman and a Democrat.
It has been a great day.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I know that strong-willed little girl, but isn't she a different child when she doesn't have to fight for everyone's attention? Thank you again for giving her that whole day of love and special attention. She will always remember her special day with you. You are one special guradian angel to my family. Thank you. Thank you.Thank you!

Alex said...

She had so much fun with you that day! Thanks again!!! :)