Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Family Activity


I have never truly been interested in politics. I find it boring. But for some reason, this year, I am interested. My kids are showing an interest too. Tonight we watched a half hour show on NICK Jr. about the upcoming election. It talked about the primaries, what electoral votes are and even about each candidate. They had kids on the show telling why they would vote for a certain candidate. My kids were asking alot of questions. It was very informative. It even gave the kids a website to learn more and they can actually vote. http://www.nick.com/kpp So, we decided that we would learn more about the Democrats and the Republicans so we can be informed voters. Tomorrow I will look up the candidates and print out some information so we can learn more. My little drummer boy suggested I google 2008 Presidental Candidates so I could get each ones website. I am actually excited about this. It will be interesting to see what we find out and if we agree on the topics. I let you know how its going.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Joy, you are to be congratulated! Educating your children about voting is so incredible important. How many adults understand the electoral process? I bet you anything that your kids thought it was unfair?

Joy said...

Thanks Liz, I hope when they are old enough to vote, they understand more than I do.