Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ready for Christmas

Only a few days left before Christmas. I am actually ready. Today we had our annual cookie baking/hang out and visit party. It has grown from 4 families to 8 families. Just the moms and kids come. The husbands are on their own. Usually it ends up that the moms bake, the kids play and then we all eat. It was a fun time. My kids had their closest friends over for at least 4 hours and now all I am hearing is....."I'm bored". UUUGGGHHH what is a mother to do. Of course they don't like my idea of cleaning their rooms. No, they actually have the nerve to ask me if they can have a friend over. "WHAT, You just had about 10 friends over here." "WE'RE BORED" wow. When is Christmas break over?? Another week and a half....uuuggghh. I'm sure it's just the pre-Christmas excitement. After Christmas we will have all kinds of things to do.




I am looking forward to a few relaxed days without big plans. Tomorrow we will go to church and.... uuuhhh thats really all we have planned. I love being ready and relaxed and able to actually enjoy Christmas. Maybe this year I won't have the big Christmas let down/Christmas Blues. Now all I need is enough snow to make it a white Christmas but not enough to cause traffic troubles.
I wish everyone who reads this a wonderful, relaxed, peaceful Christmas.
Happy Birthday Jesus.

0 comments: