Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tradition

The kids and I took the tree down today. I was going to take it down on New Years day, but was reminded by my wonderful daughter that it is a tradition to take the tree down on a Sunday while watching football. OK, we haven't watched football all season this year but we did today.
I loved traditions as I was growing up too. I guess I started traditions with my kids that I didn't even know I started.
Anyway, the tree is down, the decorations are put away and we are quickly headed back into routine. I'm not sure I am ready. I have enjoyed our family time during the past few weeks. Time to get the backpacks ready and lunch money checks written.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I love traditions too, new and old. Its been fun making new traditions this past year, and continuing some of the old ones too. I always have to remind myself though not too get too upset if things don't go as planned. Christmas is not perfect!