Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2009 goals

A good friend invited me to join her team to become healthier in 2009. The meetings are on Wednesday night which is when I am at church. However, she is graciously sending me information and including me in her goal of becoming healthier. Her team of 4 women go to meetings on Weds. evening for nutrition classes, weigh ins and other information. I have been following their progress on the team blog.


I am also fortunate enough to work with several women who are also working harder to become healthier this year. One has started an excercise program and watching her diet, the other is following the South Beach diet. The great thing is that we are all supporting each other.


I am motivated by all these women but also by the WII FIT. Everytime you get on you can do a body test and it tells you your BMI. Seeing numbers on a screen and watching how excercise and eating right changes it, even slightly is a big motivator.


So the point of this post is to have someone else to answer too.





My goals for 2009 are to excercise...when I can, eat a healthier diet (limits sugars and bad fats) and make sure my kids are eating better. I don't think those are difficult goals. I just have to stay motivated. So thank you CAT for getting me started on this journey with you even though I couldn't join the team.
Now if I could just stay away from the computer and learn to spend more time on wii fit or my elyptical I know... No Guilt No Regrets.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Anytime Joy! I'm glad your cheering me on from the sidelines, although I wish you could be on my team...we're SO gonna win! Having other people watching my progress is also a motivator. Its one thing to dissapoint myself, but another to let my friends down. Keep up the good work. I was joyous to see my own mii getting a teensy bit smaller.