Monday, June 2, 2008

Disappointment

This has been a week of disappointments.
1. a diagnosis of a family member I didn't want to hear.
2. My son's surgery and a vacation will cause him to miss 6 of his last 12 baseball games.
3. Our hometown store didn't have the right granola bars.
4. I have to work on the nights of 2 of the 6 games my son will get to play in.
5. My daughter got black tar on her "favorite" shorts today while eating lunch during a visit with daddy at work.
6. My son's baseball team lost again tonight.
7.My husband put a lot of time and emotion into a job he was asked to do and the end result was devastating to him. This has been one of the biggest disappointments of the week. (#1 has been pretty difficult too) Watching my husband put his heart and soul into a task he wasn't sure he was capable of doing and then become defeated, has been difficult. My prayer is that the saying "time heals all wounds" is true.
2008 has been a very difficult and trying year for this family. June is the halfway mark. I hope we are finished with major disappointments for awhile. I pray that the rest of this year is a little bit easier. We have been challenged enough. I'm ready for a little boredom.

1 comments:

Liz said...

All the good you have done for others will come back to you 100 fold, but we just never know when or how, that is God's grace.

I tell my students that hard times seem so much larger because truly so much of life is good and, in contrast, the bad things stand out that much more.

You are wonderful, kind , loving woman and I know things will turn around in ways you can't imagine. Your goodness will come to you and your family.