Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Crazy Summer

The past 6 days have been so busy. My little drummer boy had his surgery on Thursday. The procedure and immediate recovery went extremely well. We were so pleased with the care he received! His recovery at home didn't go so well. He ended up with an infection in the ear that the tube was placed in. He has antibiotic ear drops and seems to be doing much better today.
The same day as his surgery, my family member who received an unpleasant and disappointing diagnosis the week before, went to a different Dr. who didn't agree with the first diagnosis. Instead of "mild early Alzheimers" she is diagnosed with "mild cognitive impairment". The second Dr. doesn't see the signs of Alzheimers just trouble with memory. WHEW!!
I spent the weekend in Chicago with my daughter and some friends. We had an amazing time. It was so much fun to watch the girls at the American Girl Place. They had such a great time. It was great to get away even for a short trip but also to have quality time with my daughter.
My kids and I saw an incredible movie yesterday. Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspien. As my son said several times during the movie..."WHat incredible special effects"!! I think I'm going to have to start reading that series again.
The beginning of summer has been busy and a little stressful. I'm learning to take it as it comes.

2 comments:

Liz said...

The bad times make the good times that much sweeter! I am glad to read about things improving, but you are like Molly Brown and can't be kept down! The drummer boy is like his mama!

Joy said...

I am so glad God brought you and your family into my life. Thanks for your encouraging comments.