Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1st Summer Book

I have been running the Scholastic Book Fair at my kids school for several years. I have seen many books become favorite requests. This book has been the most requested book by teachers and students of all ages.

My daughter has told me several times that I should read it. She is my reader. Always has a book in her hands. My son who likes to read but would rather play on the computer said this book is one of his favorites. His teacher in 4th grade read it to the class and then he decided to read it again. So, I decided today to start my summer reading. Not only did I start my summer reading but I finished my first summer book. I read it in under two hours. If you know my history on reading, you know that this is a miraculous journey in itself. I would have read it faster but my little Magpie was chattering to me the entire time I was reading it. "Where are you know?" "Are you going to finish that tonight?" etc. etc....

It is a sweet wonderful book. My kids told me it would change my life. I'm not sure it had quite that impact but it will certainly be in my list of favorites. It does make you realize that even the bad things that happen in your life happen for a reason. Those bad things might just be the beginning of something wonderful and make you a better person...or china rabbit.

I am looking at today as the new beginning to our summer. We all have new summer haircuts. We were able to swim in our pool today. And we are starting to get some landscaping done that we have put off for years. I have to work tomorrow but Friday I will be starting my next summer book, poolside.

1 comments:

Liz said...

How did I miss this one!!!I'll order it today!