Sunday, November 23, 2008

This May Be The Last...

Today was probably our last trip to see Santa. Our son told us today he is getting too old. He has not confirmed that he no longer believes but I think he is holding out in fear that the presents will go away if he doesn't believe. Our little girl already knows. She figured it out at Easter. I thought I would be sad when they found out about Santa but actually Mags and I have been having fun. She gets to be Santa for her brother. Even though she knows about Santa, I am still looking forward to doing the "Santa" stuff. Our family loves Christmas and we know the "reason for the season" but we also enjoy the fun and mystery of Santa. Maybe I can get them to go next year if I promise not to show the picture to their friends. :)

We usually go see Santa later in the season but this year is already packed with so many activities. I will not, however, put up any Christmas decorations until Thanksgiving is over. I feel like people forget about Thanksgiving. It didn't feel right going to see Santa before Thanksgiving but we have a special Santa we see each year and between his schedule and our schedule, this was a good day to go.
So, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I am blessed to have such wonderful friends and a terrific family. Enjoy Turkey Day!

0 comments: