Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Emotional Day

It's only 11am and it has been an emotional day. We went through our normal morning routine. As I was dropping the kids off at school they reminded me several times... "don't forget to vote". They get to vote in school today and were both very excited about it. That makes me proud.
After I dropped them off I went straight to my polling place. It was 8:14am and there was already quite a line. I have never seen this in my small town. I waited about 25 min. not bad. As I began to color in the circle next to Obamas name, I felt a sense of relief. I left and headed to Target. During my drive to Target I began to feel emotional about my right to vote and what that means. I began to think about all the women that paved the way for my right to vote. I decided that from this moment on I will never take that for granted again. It was an emotional morning.
Later today I will pick up my kids from school, find out who the school voted for and head to the dentist. Then we will go to the visitation of a close family friend who passed away on Sunday. He was a close friend to my parents and a huge part of my life. He was also a big part of our church family. We will miss you "Bucky". It will be an emotional evening.

0 comments: