Thursday, May 22, 2008

First Game

Last night was my son's first Baseball game of the season. He had a good game. I'm so proud of how well he knows the game. He shows good sportsmanship and always encourages his teammates. He evened smiled at his friend on the other team. That same friend did a lot of smack talk after his team won the game. "We creamed you" etc. etc. That was really hard for our son to take. I hope he blows it off.
I love watching him play but I am always a little worried that he might get hurt. He is pretty small compared to some of the other players. There were some minor bumps and bruises last night. Interestingly enough one of them was our daughter. She was playing with the sister of the "poor winner" and while playing they ran into each other. I did not see the collision but our daughter has a very sore wrist, nose and top lip. Her friend has a sore head. Apparently our daughters mouth and nose hit the head of her friend. Both girls were fine and continued to play the remainder of the evening. I hope the rest of the baseball games have a little bit less drama.

0 comments: