Monday, July 30, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Only 3 more weeks of summer vacation for the kids. This morning they went to summer classes that are provided by the area college. They have done this the past few summers and they love it. It is only half a day and that is enough. It gets all 3 of us back in the groove of getting up early and going to class. It also gets me back in the groove of being home alone a few days a week. It is almost too quiet.
I'm not ready for school to start. I love summer vacation, Christmas vacation and Spring break. I'm one of those unusual moms that isn't ready for school to start. I enjoy spending the day with my kids. No, I won't miss the bickering back and forth, but I do miss the sweet moments when they are playing together like best friends.
I am definately not ready for the homework fights and the screaming about not having the right shorts or shirt for PE. But, life must go on. I always feel like the beginning of school is the end of a part of their lives. We do have 3 more weeks and I plan on enjoying it.
Lots of people used to tell me.....enjoy them while they are young, it goes by so fast. They were right. It really does go by fast.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I love your kids -- no wonder you enjoy having them around. :)

Tinman said...

You know, you really should credit your photographer when you post pictures on your blog. Who took that wonderful picture? :p

I'm glad you are writing about your kids. Knowing what you and they are up to makes me feel like a bigger part of their lives. I frequently miss them and you and I don't tell you that enough.

Give my love to all. Peace and Good.

Joy said...

Thanks Alex, I love your kids too!! Gosh Tinman thanks for enjoying the picture. That is actually one I took with my camera. It is similar to the one you took but I get the credit for that one. Love the name by the way, very clever!!! I miss you too.