Thursday, February 7, 2008

Evaluation/Performance Appraisal

Today I received my performancel appraisal or Evaluation at work. I was very pleased with a very positive evaluation and a nice merit raise. Here comes the but.... but on the very last page under comments I get something like.... Joy is a wonderful Mobile RN (my job title) but she needs to learn to be away from and not do so many things with another Mobile RN. "It is ruining the reputation of the position". WHAT??? How can you get a wonderful eval and then from the same person.... "It is ruining the reputation of the position"? After asking for specifics I find out the Department Director and Patient Care Managers of the floors we do the most work for are upset that "sometimes" the Mobile RNs are seen on the floor together asking if anyone needs help. "It gives the perception that you aren't busy" UUUUGGGGHHHHH So in other words, we shouldn't be walking the halls together. WE DO PROCEDURES TOGETHER!!! "That is OK just don't do rounds together". How can you get a glowing evaluation and nice raise and then a comment like..."Its ruining the reputation of the position".
My boss and I had a good discussion and she changed the wording on the comments to be more specific about not doing rounds together.

I guess I should focus on the positive but it has been hard today. So, I'm going to LET GO and LET GOD.

0 comments: